The Alexander Technique
The Alexander Technique is a gentle, mindful approach to improving posture, relieving pain and reducing stress. You could benefit from a series of lessons if you want to:
- Improve your posture using a gentler alternative to approaches such as Yoga and Pilates
- Relieve pain - the Alexander Technique is especially known for its effectiveness in reducing back and neck pain
- Reduce the amount of effort and strain you use in your everyday activities including walking, playing a musical instrument, using a computer and even chopping vegetables
- Learn new ways of reacting to stressful situations
It is likely to work well for you if you are someone who:
- Is willing to exchange a life lived on autopilot for one of increased awareness and conscious choices
- Is curious about and open to exploring how you can work with your body’s natural design
- Understands that working on the whole person is more effective than working on separate parts
- Wants to be actively involved in managing your own health and well being
Bridget teaches the Alexander Technique in Otley and Ilkley, West Yorkshire. Both are easy to get to from Leeds, Harrogate, Bradford, Burley-in-Wharfedale, Menston, Guiseley, Shipley, Yeadon, Bramhope and Pool-in-Wharfedale.
This short video provides a light hearted introduction to the Alexander Technique. It refers to the AMSAT, the American Society for the Alexander Technique. The UK equivalent is STAT The Society for Teachers of the Alexander Technique.